Thursday, 24 November 2011

Flagship and Fire Prevention

Fire Prevention in Your Rental Unit 

Fire in “residential” properties as a whole, account for close to 25,000 incidents a year, which is 41% of all the fires across Canada. Unsafe cooking is the leading cause of these preventable fires. The area of fire prevention and education about the dangers of fire cannot be stressed enough.

Flagship is dedicated to minimizing the potential of fire occurring across the company through internal fire prevention inspections, fire safety training, and diligence from all staff.

How can you protect yourself and the ones you love from the dangers of fire?

• Don’t leave cooking unattended for any reason. If you must leave, turn off all cooking appliances.
• Smoking materials cause fires. Be sure to dispose of these in an appropriate manner. Balcony fires are usually started by improper disposal of smoking materials.
• Never leave candles unattended, and check to see they are in a sturdy holder that will not fall over.
• Give space heaters space! Keep away from curtains or bedding which may easily ignite.
• Keep matches and lighters away from and out of reach of children
• Carbon Monoxide. Get a Monoxide alarm. Carbon Monoxide is a poisonous gas which you can’t see nor smell, yet it is deadly in enclosed spaces. Carbon Monoxide in the home is usually produced by oil furnaces or gas appliances when the fuel is not burned correctly.
• Clean cooking appliances. Clean your cooking appliances after use. If you don’t clean 

Please be safe for the benefit of yourself, your family and your neighbors.

1 comment:

  1. It’s a nice post! Thanks for your good work,it helps me a lot!

    Las Vegas Fire Extinguisher Sales